Clarity UNI Ruby
Provides a stable, well-documented interface between Clarity software and the chromatographic hardware.
Clarity UNI Ruby consists of:
- Editor of Ruby scripts integrated with Clarity CDS
- Documentation (CHM help, examples, SDK Discussion Forum)
The Control module translates the commands from Clarity into the language of the chromatographic hardware. It also translates the data obtained from the hardware and synchronization events from the hardware's language into function calls, within Clarity. Clarity UNI Ruby does not require any additional tools. The only requirement is a programmer experienced with writing at least Excel macros and the ability to learn Ruby language, as well as an understanding of the way that Clarity CDS interfaces Control modules and chromatographic hardware. UNI Ruby has been tested and implemented in Clarity. For example, the whole range of Fraction Collectors with standard Clarity with LC control has been written using UNI Ruby. Other devices implemented in UNI Ruby are pumps, detectors, and thermostats. Any other types of device except PDA and MS detectors are supported by Clarity and can be implemented with UNI Ruby.
UNI Ruby module distribution
UNI Ruby control modules can be used in two ways:
- As privately used modules developed at a customer site without need of an agreement with DataApex or of any additional tools.
- As public modules officially added into the installation.
- Must comply with DataApex requirements and be approved by DataApex.
- If you want to distribute the script to multiple users or use it in a regulated environment, the public module is recommended.